Goals and Purpose of the Jacksonville ISD Career and Technical Education Advisory Board
It is imperative that education, business, industry, and community members communicate in order that Career and Technical Education can perform the function for which it was designed. The Advisory Board is the vehicle by which the District develops this communication. The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the District.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet its goals.
- To encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education.Use your industry expertise to enhance Career & Technical Education (CTE) in Jacksonville ISD by serving on our advisory board. The advisory board consists of business partners who review program offerings and advocate for CTE.
- Serve on the Advisory Board
- Use your industry expertise to enhance Career & Technical Education (CTE) in Jacksonville ISD by serving on our advisory boa
The advisory board consists of business partners who review program offerings and advocate for CTE. We are grateful for these community leaders who volunteer time to serve on the CTE Advisory Board:
Community members on the CTE Advisory Committee are: Robbie Barber (Klein Industries), Susan Jones (Legacy Events), James Stewart (law enforcement), Robert Sadler (Sadler's Marine), Brenda Stahelin (Homes & Properties), Shawn Eyre (Austin Bank), Brandon Bannister (Bannister Plumbing).
Teachers on the CTE Advisory Committee are: Erin Reynolds (Health Science), Susan Kennedy (Hospitality & Tourism), Jim Stewart (Ag, Food & Natural Resources), and Lee Traylor (Audio/Video Tech).